advertising Arabic Australia banal nationalism bilingual education Bilingualism bilingual parenting China Chinese consumption English English as a Global Language English in the Middle East French gender German Germany globalization Intercultural Communication Iran Japan Japanese Language & tourism language and economy Language at work language education language ideologies language learning language policy Linguistic landscape Migration Monolingualism Multiculturalism Multilingualism Overseas students Persian Social inclusion social justice sociolinguistics Spanish TESOL tourism UK USA World Englishes
- Language deficit in super-diversity
- Sink-or-swim for international students
- How the presence of a bilingual school changes the linguistic profile of a community
- Language strategy in the hospitality sector
- Multilingual mismatch
- English in the Global Village
- Bodies on the Move: Salsa, Language and Transnationalism
- Superdiversity: another Eurocentric idea?
- Language deficit in super-diversity | Language on the Move on Some bilingualisms are more equal than others
- Mo | Culture of Candor on English in the Global Village
- Travel Japan: Culture » A Pale Canadian A Pale Canadian on English at the Olympics
- Virat Divyakirti on Sink-or-swim for international students
The media in Anglophone countries regularly engage in a bit of a bragfest about the linguistic diversity of their cities. In Sydney, ...
It is one of the basic findings of decades of research in bilingual education that language submersion is not a productive way ...
It is one of the great narratives of our time that the market will fix everything. In education this means that parental ...
Multilingualism means business. The more foreign language skills are availalble to a company, the better it will be prepared to meet customers’ ...
In Australia with its persistent monolingual mindset coming across any kind of official institutional multilingual communication always feels like a minor triumph. ...
Tourism has been found to be beneficial for minority language maintenance in a number of contexts from around the world. For instance, ...
In my post on English in Berlin, I wondered what is required for a language to become ‘local’, and about the perhaps ...