Two events exploring diversity, including linguistic diversity, in a multicultural society are coming up in Sydney next week.
This one-day symposium is organized by the Cultural Diversity Research Network at Macquarie University, Hudson Talent Management and the Ethnic Communities Council of NSW. The program features perspectives informed by research, community service and politics. The program is available for download here.
- Participation is free but online registration is necessary.
- Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013
- Time: 9am – 6pm
- Venue: Hudson Talent Management, Level 19, 20 Bond Street, Sydney
Under the theme “Many Cultures – Many challenges: Educating consumers in a multicultural nation,” this conference presents ideas and strategies about effective delivery of consumer education and awareness, communication and accents, social media marketing, governance, case studies and challenges educating consumers from CALD backgrounds. The program includes a special focus on serving linguistically diverse customers and is available for download here.
- Participation is free but registration by e-mail is necessary.
- Date: Thursday, 12 December 2013
- Time: 8.30am – 12.30pm
- Venue: Holiday Inn, 19-40 Anderson Street, Parramatta